Hey there! I'm a little late posting today, but I'm finishing up the final projects for my Christmas-Catch-Up Class and Customer Appreciation and wanted to share this tutorial with you for how to make this file folder gift card holder using the Stampin' Up! Envelope Punch Board:
· Stamps – Wishing You #131748 wood-mount $14.95 #131751 clear-mount $11.95
· Card Stock – Crumb Cake, Season of Style Designer Paper, Whisper White
· Ink: Cherry Cobbler
· Misc. – SNAIL Adhesive, Envelope Punch Board #133774 $19.95, 1 ¾” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Season of Style Designer Washi Tape, Crumb Cake Notecard Envelopes #131528 $5.50 (40 per pkg), Cherry Cobbler 1” Stitched Edge Ribbon
Envelope Punch Board File Folder Gift Card Holder Tutorial
C Crumb Cake dimensions: 4 3/4" x 5", scored at 2 1/4 along the 5" side. This will make the front flap of your file folder narrower than the back flap.
Adhere 2 1/4" x 4 3/4" piece of Season of Style Designer Paper on corresponding flap with SNAIL.
Adhere Season of Style Designer Washi tape to the opposite flap.
1. Line up the left corner of the paper with the left edge of the Envelope Punch Board punch as shown.
Punch once to start the curve of the folder tab.
2. Slide paper over to the 2 inch mark and punch again.
3. Line up the center of the punched "valley" with the trimmer blade track. Cut up from the center to the
top of the paper as shown.
4. Smooth out any rough edges with your fingernail or Paper Snips.
5. Repeat these steps for the back flap of folder, turning the paper over so you will be punching the
6. Round remaining corners of the file folder with the corner-rounder punch of the outside edge of
the punch board.
7. This is your file folder card open and flat;
HOW TO TIE A PRETTY KNOT "BOW"
1. Wrap right end of ribbon over left end. Pull left end up and right end down tightly (this is the beginning of the phrase you have probably hear before " right over left, left over right ...")
2. Bring top ribbon end down over bottom ribbon end as shown:
3. Wrap top end down and around bottom end as shown. Pull top end through
the loop you created. Pull ends tightly.
4. Trim ends at an angle with Craft Scissors.
That's all for now! Later than normal, but hopefully worth the wait!
Click HERE to go to my Online Store to order your Envelope Punch Board or other stampin' supplies! There's still time to receive your order before Christmas!
Until tomorrow, have a Stampingrox! day!
All products used are ©Stampin'Up!™1990-2013