Just a quick post this morning. Unfortunately I didn't have any time yesterday to post, as I had a workshop last night and it's a 30 minute drive. Now that's not unusual, most of my workshops are 30 minutes to an hour drive away, and I don't mind a bit. I love all of my stampers and love bringing them fun projects to stamp and teaching them new techniques with all the fun new stuff Stampin' Up! gives us in the catalog and Mini's! Plus, a dear friend who I hadn't seen in almost a year walked in for a surprise visit during the workshop, and I was so thrilled to get to see her again! For several years she hosted a workshop for me in her home almost monthly, so we were able to get to know each other really well. She is a "kindred spirit" of mine, and I spent extra time chatting with her. Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances she now lives in another state, but I have her new contact information now and don't plan to lose her again! So glad to get to see you again, Kate!
Which brings me to the subject of this post. At the San Antonio Leadership Conference last week, Stampin' Up! announced major changes to the Catalog Program, positive changes, in my opinion, but changes you need to know as you make your stamping purchases in the next few months!
1. The current 2011-2012 Catalog will be ending a month earlier than usual - May 31, 2012. This means we will have the Retiring List a month early-May 1, 2012.
2. The 2012-2013 Catalog will begin on June 1, 2012 and end on May 31, 2013. I personally think I will like having the Catalog begin in June instead of July. It has always been a challenge to hold a New Catalog Open House around the 4th of July weekend!
3. No more Summer Mini catalog. I am happy with this decision for two reason rolled into one: With the New Main Catalog coming out in the middle of the Summer Mini, it was always a challenge to be able to show and stamp with all the new fun things from BOTH catalogs at the same time, as well as get ready for the fabulous Holiday Mini that came out on September 1st! This decision will give us a couple of months to use new Main Catalog products before the Holiday Mini starts.
4. The Holiday Mini will start on August 1st! Yeah! One more month to stamp with all the FABULOUS new things that Stampin' Up! will have for us in the Holiday catalog! The Holiday Mini will run from August 1st through the end of December (possibly the first few days of January like it has in the past, but Stampin' Up! hasn't made that info clear as of yet), so we will have FIVE months instead of the usual four! More time to get those Christmas cards, gifts, and decorations done!
5. The Occasions Mini in the spring will also run for five months.
6. The Main Catalog will be about 40 pages smaller, with more seasonal products moving to the Mini's.This doesn't bother me in the least, since transporting 8-10 heavy catalogs to a workshop can be, well, HEAVY!
7. The Mini's will be slightly LARGER than they currently are, a few pages. Yeah!
8. The Decor Elements product line will be discontinued on May 31st, 2012. We may occasionally have specialized decor elements offered in the Mini's from time to time, but nothing like what we've had in the past. This also is fine with me. I love the look of Decor Elements, but my love is stamping, so aside from the Decor Stencils, I never really have used them much (or enough!)
9. The Simply Adorned jewelry product line will also be discontinued on May 31, 2012. If you have been postponing purchasing the chains & charms in this line, you'd better do it soon before they are all gone!
Whew! This has turned into a lengthy post, hasn't it? Nothing quick about it!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or leave your question in the comment section.
To reward you for your patience with this loooong post, here's a card for your viewing pleasure:
This was part of my "Terrific Trio" swap I participated in at Leadership! The candle is actually glued to the card front with Tombow Multi-Adhesive Liquid Glue, and then the bow is tied on top of the candle! I didn't think I cared for the "Sweet Shop" suite of products in the Occasions Mini when it first came out, but now I LOVE it! The combo of Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White and Early Espresso is simply yummy! The stamp set is "Sweet Cake"!
As I mentioned, this card was part of a trio, so I will be showing you the two other components of this swap in the near future!
BTW, thanks for all the sweet comments about my pop-up card from the other day! The winner of the free pop-card is Ruth! Per your request, I hope to provide you with a picture tutorial (or perhaps even a video, my first!) in the near future!
Well, I'm off to do a bit of shopping this morning with my DD, Alisa, then it's back home to finish up the intinerary for my downline meeting with the "Yes, Ma'am!" Stampers on Sunday afternoon!
Until next time, have a "Stampingrox!" Day!